View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #3224 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
Man, think what you want, but by the end of the day Nissan isn't doing what you and I want it to do. Sooooo you're clearly not right. Can you provide data suggesting how profitable the GTR is? I didn't think companies released information like that. Seems more like speculation to me, more than anything. I'm not saying you're not right... but where's the proof?

I'm also not speaking for the masses... I'm speaking for Nissan and their likely thoughts on the matter. I honestly don't like it any more than you do.

I'm not sticking up for them, but once again, they're in the business of making money, not stirring souls. We are a non existant segment to them. Feel free to prove me wrong, but seeing as the Z is on year 8 with zero changes, I don't think you have much of an argument.

And are you kidding me? were you expecting a new GTR every 4-5 years? You guys are hilarious. I guess upping the boost and tweaking the car every year isn't sufficient enough. What does it take to please you? Maybe a GTR Nismo for 60k?

You once again are clearly missing the point. I love manual transmissions. I love sports cars. I hate DCTs and CVTs and Autos, and I hate these bland vanilla cars marketed to the masses, but Nissan feels opposite. Because like you said, that's their bread and butter. And they're a publicly traded company that puts profits ahead of everything else, to make returns for their shareholders. Because that's all shareholders care about. Money. Money, money, money. Once again, feel free to prove me wrong. I'll be waiting.
Reflecting on back in the day when I used to sell cars. If a company can discount a car $10,000+, it's because it's a huge money maker.

And I know from my salesgirl that they're not allowed to sell GTR cars as they are a management perk. The commission is very high.

As far as me being wrong???? LMAO. You're no more right. Wake up from your dream. Well just agree that Nissan isn't making the car we want with the info we have.

But your analysis completely leaves out the main purpose of a company having a halo car. If in fact Nissan is thinking like you say? Then they shouldn't be building any sports cars like Toyota and Honda in the early 2000.

That said.... best thing to do is wait for the fvckin car to come out.

Learn something about halo cars....

https://www.google.com/amp/www.popul...yway-12206624/

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 02-09-2017 at 05:11 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote