View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #227 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Homeslice
Just find a dealer who will do you the favor of selling it at cost. Some of them will do it. At least the on-line ones will. The local retail shops can't afford it because of the overhead.
I actually sell Amsoil products at cost to customers. In my opinion, this is a much more appealing alternative to people than becoming a preferred customer.

This is how it works:

I simply place an order with Amsoil and have it delivered to the customer. I pay the bill with my credit card, and request the funds via PayPal from the customer. That's it.

Here is an order I placed recently to give you an idea:
1 Gallon of 0W-30 Signature Series -> MSRP = $41.40
1 Absolute Efficiency Oil Filter -> MSRP = $16.90
3 Quarts of 0W-30 Signature Series -> MSRP = $31.50

As it stands, this order costs $89.80. Since I'm a dealer, I can pay for the order at cost, and have it shipped to my customer. The customer paid $69.05 for the product at cost.

Quote:
NismoZ
Also I won't go a whole year without changing my oil, even on Amsoil. Sorry to say the VQ is hard on oil and over 6k is pushing it. I also race, and me pushing it past 3-5k is not a smart idea either. Reason why I change more often and oil costs more for me.
I completely agree. I tell my customers to stick with factory OCI. If you absolutely must run longer intervals, you need an oil analysis first. However, I still don't recommend it.

As far as Amsoil salesmen go, I completely agree. I'm doing my best to change the stigma associated with them. I'm just an enthusiast trying to help other enthusiasts out.

Last edited by LiquidZ; 01-15-2010 at 07:21 AM.