View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 06:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, I know I'm missing something; things I still need to buy, minus small things...

Arp L19 head studs
New head gaskets (OEM?)
Call Phunk for fueling (E85 compatible rated at 600-700whp [future F.I. req])
Spend $$$ for install (I can hear my wallet crying)

... it just hit me, but I'm most likely going to need a new flywheel unless I want to see it self destruct. Might as well do the clutch at that point.

I didn't plan on tinkering with the bottom end unless absolutely necessary... Just concerned about the main bearings. It's a street car, so it's life will mostly be spent in traffic with some spirited driving. She will see the occasional drag strip and track day.

I have everything else covered.
ATI damper, oil pump gears, Z1 headers, ported TB's and manifolds, normal bolt ons, tuning...

The perfectionist in me wants to port the heads, but my wallet tells me it's foolish, considering they're all put together and won't be worth much more than a few hp lol. And that leads to a slippery slope of financial pain. Because then I'm going to want the EPS TB's, port them, upgrade the intakes to 2.75"-3", and more dumb, expensive stuff that's just a tiny bit better than what I have.

I'll update my journal when I get back stateside next month and have actual pictures to post.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote