View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
From what I understand, just valve springs and cams. Unless I was made of money, it would be difficult for me to take it all apart, port it, and put it all back together.

I most likely won't bump displacement considering the fact it's getting boosted down the road.

I understand what you're saying in terms of spinning the engine. My goal isn't to just spin it to the moon arbitrarily. I don't remember the formula, but you can determine your torque multiplication factor from one gear to the next to see at what rpm it's best to shift.

I'm certain that whatever rpm that is will be higher than before. Martin is a great tuner in my back yard, so he will most likely be handling the tuning aspect. I just dont like running in blind and run around ignorant during the process

Headers and retune are next as I plan how best to take the follow on steps. All the intake, exhaust, ported manifolds and TB's are already installed, just need retuned after Elmo and I get them on.
I think when I was digging around at one time to see flow numbers of the head they were somewhere in the mid 300cfm range which is pretty dang impressive, which is probably why you don't see anyone doing port and polish jobs on these heads. Sorta like the Honda heads that are really hard to get gains and usually when you get in cfm you lose velocity and that sucks.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote