View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

Gentlemen,

Looking at the exploded diagram of the top frame showing the bungee cords, its easy to assume that changing them is straight forward. However, if you peruse the FSM RF section for replacing the top material, and YouTube the video showing how the top material is removed and replaced on a 350z, you'll appreciate the 4 hours needed.

The bungee cords are sandwiched between the top material and the interior lining of the top, and there are screws and rivets to remove and replace, ensuring a tight fit and clean look.

I'm certain its not for the beginner, but after some study, I believe its something that I would tackle on my own car. Anyone used to wrenching on cars and has worked on several convertibles should have what's needed to do the job. The only special tools needed may be just a rivet tool for the large rivet install, if needed.

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote