View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 06:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
High_Octane
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z PW M6
High_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond reputeHigh_Octane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHMBP View Post
Good post. I think mine (2011) is doing the same thing. I also posted a thread a couple of months ago about the loud umbrella sound (good description). I was concerned that may not be normal. Did you have a mechanic change the bungees? I was wondering if I should attempt or leave to a professional. I'm not very experienced.

BTW thanks for the video. It seems to close more smoothly than mine does.
I believe what you have now was what I experience since I got my car, prior to this fix.
It was a really loud pop sound. I guess with not enough tension from the bungee to resist, the hydraulic will open at full force, thus that loud pop sound.

After the bungee was "fixed", upon my first closing of the roof, I was really puzzled by the much quieter operation.

My bungee was "fixed" by the mechanic, but it seems fairly simple once you know where the bungee is.
You can refer to the Service Manual here:-
370Z 2012 Service Manual - RF

Look for the section, 5th bow bungee cord.
High_Octane is offline   Reply With Quote