View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #119 (permalink)
Jon@Altered
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Nissan 350Z
Jon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond reputeJon@Altered has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastley85891 View Post
Where are you mounting the set of gauges?
My own choice of three preffered to monitor btw, EGT is so important and mostly over looked especially from a tuning stand point, any ideas on your tap point for the EGT probe, I take it just one probe but interested to see where on this set up.

Cheers
Yes, Turbo Boost Pressure, EGT, and Oil Pressure are, in our opinion, three of the most critical engine monitoring devices you can install on a twin turbo charged vehicle. With the EGT setup, I believe we will be tapping the probe directly in the manifold, just after the exhaust runners from the head merge to the collector, and just before the flange for the hot side of the turbo. This should give us a fairly accurate reading of the heat coming from the cylinders.

Oh yeah, keep those eyes on the road btw, lol. Or keep them on your review as you watch the M3 headlights shrink and fade away.