View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
You could probably pick up a Nexus tablet the last gen was a 7", have one at home and my wife uses just to watch our Nest Cams. There was some discussion on tablet use on the forum awhile back about loading a custom ROM and a few apps you could use that allows the same functions as the buttons. This way the bezel could cover them and no need to do any extra mods.
That would be sweet. I don't know squat about Android or custom noms but I'm sure there is a solution in there somewhere. Heck, as long as it will power on and automatically pick up the bluetooth from my Kiwi I'd be happy. Better of course if it would start up in the DC app.

Bonus points for being able to wire it to use the stock USB port in the centre console - without sacrificing charging of course.

I'll explore this a bit further. I know there are a bunch of threads on tablets in that cubby but this seems to be the simplest solution by a good margin.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote