View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
I wonder if there is an Android tablet that will fit that, the trick would be if the buttons will fit as well, or if you could do without them. There must be a way. I'd prefer a Mini4 but it's 8" and obviously won't fit. I'm really only concerned about running DashCommand and Androids should automatically power on or at least can make it that way.

Looks like that bezel is $50 and Android tablets are easily found under $100 so pretty cheap to give it a try.

Dammit, now I've got another project to add to my never-ending list lol
You could probably pick up a Nexus tablet the last gen was a 7", have one at home and my wife uses just to watch our Nest Cams. There was some discussion on tablet use on the forum awhile back about loading a custom ROM and a few apps you could use that allows the same functions as the buttons. This way the bezel could cover them and no need to do any extra mods.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote