View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
RedlineHR
Base Member

Drives: Red 07 Z, SS 06 Z
RedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond reputeRedlineHR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanningZ View Post
TT yes V8 no
OK... I'm down for TT and no v8.

Nissan has listed a C6 Corvette as a competitor to the z.

But it's kinda hard to for Nissan to compete with 436 HP/417lb-ft torque in a 3180lb car.

I know there's much more to the car than acceleration. Anyway, I am considering selling my 07 350z, taking a HUGE cash hit up the *** and buying a 370.

There is not any increase in acceleration (IMO) from a modded 07 to a stock 370, and brakes are only marginally better, but something about pulling .98-.99G's in a car with stock ride qualities and the 6MT with synchrorev-match has really whet my appetite.

But I'd be pissed to buy a 370 and have a V8 or TT version come out in a year.

If nissan was more forthcoming with their plans and could confirm no TT or V8 in the plans, then I'd have an easier time buying the 370 now, but they have been so sectretive about plans for other z-related releases, I'll never know so I'll just do nothing for now. I'd at least like to know more about the Nismo Z34 (not the s-tune with nismo parts) before I buy.
RedlineHR is offline   Reply With Quote