View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
programmer23
Base Member

Drives: '09 Nissan 370z AT7
programmer23 is on a distinguished road
Default Insurance Screwed Me

Hey guys,

So I haven't posted here in a long while, but my Z is no more. A car tapped my rear bumper while going around a corner in the rain. My car spun out and smacked into the railing. The car that hit me sped off and I had no rear dash cam to get them. Insurance said there was no proof I had been hit and that I just spun out of control so now I have an at-fault accident on my record. When the car went in for repairs, there was luckily no frame damage, and no suspension damage. Body work for the car came to almost 55% of the cars value, which was still well below what they would have needed to total the car at 75%. My insurance decided to total the car anyway. I had no way to pay for the repairs myself so I had to let them total it. They then proceeded to offer me 4k under the KBB value as the cash value of the car and would not budge on that number, even after I showed them there was no way you could actually purchase a similar spec and mileage Z for that amount.

I'll hopefully get another Z sometime soon but will probably wait until spring of the new year. My insurance also decided to raise my premiums by about 50% so I don't even know if I will be able to afford insuring another one once I get it.

TLDR: **** liberty mutual, thanks for listening to my rant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160929_054515.jpg (562.2 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 20160929_054532.jpg (731.9 KB, 126 views)
programmer23 is offline   Reply With Quote