View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 09:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
Swapped out the unmodified venturi piece from my salvage pump assembly.

My idle pressure with it is 65psi... So it looks like it was lowered ~5psi from drilling the venturi just to 5/64...but then nothing gained after that (even after I drilled the whole thing accidentally). I think to start, the venturi system was the bottleneck, but not far after the regulator became the bottleneck... I would speculate that I'd need to drill both the venturi piece and the regulator as directed in the Stillen instructions to get a more normal idle pressure.

But as phunk pointed out - my car was tuned with the idle pressure like this.. so I have decided to leave it alone.

Fuel pressure now:
I would try reving the engine and seeing if the pressure falls down. If the regulator needed to be drilled to flow better on its outlet, pressure should fall down when fuel consumption increases.