View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brian S
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z, 40th
Brian S is on a distinguished road
Default Parts Arrived

Guys,
The GT Spec 6 point 370Z rear shock brace arrived today. The minute I saw the box, it answered a few questions. Like I stated above, I work for a major small engine manufacturer, and we have a large plant in China. Chinese shipping box's do not look like American shipping box's. The cardboard is different, much lighter in color. The GT Spec box was Asian. I opened the box, and the overly simple instruction sheet was 1/2 English, & 1/2 Chinese. I have nothing against off shore manufacturing, obviously, I would prefer the parts to be made in the USA or Japan, but whatever. But it may answer the questions that have been on this forum, and my experience. Using off shore manufacturing, & water shipping can be a real challenge. China is cheap, but they like to make stuff in big quantities, and water shipping can take 3 months. That makes it hard to plan, & stock parts for immediate online shipping, unless you are willing to invest in large inventories, which most small business are not willing to do. All this does not excuse their questionable customer service, or lack of reasonable communication.
I guess, all this ends up meaning, call first, and check that they really have the parts in stock in their NY warehouse, before you order.
Brian S
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote