View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 09:06 AM   #903 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I've been looking at the TP-link products. How do you like them? Are you just using the light switch product or have you tried out any of their wall plug products?

Can you replace the bulb in your ceiling light? TP-link also has smart LED bulbs that link up to Alexa on their own (no smart switch needed).
I'm just using the switches for now. They are massive and basically take up 2 plug spaces. I have 1 attached to a power strip and it covers 2 outlets easily. Setup was dead simple and running within 5 minutes. I haven't had a single issue with them. I just yell at my Amazon Echo Dot "Alexa, turn off/on bedroom lamp" and it does that without any lag or thinking.

I have a friend coming over to put the light switches in. I'll let ya know how that goes. I'd do it myself, but I fear electricity and also have no clue on the wiring of a 200 year old house is.

I just ordered 2 wi-fi bulbs from tp-link to test out. I feel like the outlet switch sorta defeats the purpose of these though. They're pricier and don't offer much more in terms of perks. In my house, a light is either on or off. I have no need to set groups of individual lights.From the reviews though, they sound dead simple to add. Download app, screw bulb in, search for bulb, done.