View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #8801 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Went over to one of my friend's place the other night to check out the paint job he's done on my Shine Auto rear spats that I got with my Nismo wheels. They look great and can't wait to install them, though it'll be a month or more out since I drop off the Z at the dealership the second week of Jan to have them repaint the front and rear bumpers (factory known issue of the paint chipping off where the bumpers meet the fenders). It's only taken them 7 months to get around to doing it... Schmucks.

Also, went to another friend's personal shop last night (complete with above ground Atlas lift). He typically works on high dollar hot rods and old VW Bugs. Anyway, with a big 3/4" ratchet drive and a couple of 1/2" x 10" extensions, we were able to break loose the demon bolt on the driver's side. On the passenger side, we ended up snapping two sockets, a Snap-On and a Craftsman. It was getting late so we snugged the driver's side one back down and will be attacking it again this Wednesday.

He told me I'm not leaving Wednesday until my exhaust is making noise! LOL

Here's a pic of the spats before paint. He did a lot of prep to get these nice and smooth. Over the next couple of weeks, he'll take a little time here and there to wet sand them to match the rest of the car.