View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #9770 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
I was just joking. I was an aerospace machinist for over a decade, I cant imagine a cnc capable of cutting steel in a bedroom or even a normal houses basement.

Everybody I know runs them in a pole barn or some other type of outbuilding. one of my old bosses had one in his garage attached to the house and he was always complaining about how much it sucked.
I wouldn't even put that guys table, which I assume is for wood, in the house. His setup looked cool but the though of all the dust inside made me cringe. Even a pretty good dust collector system still blows a lot of dust around, especially if you're working with MDF. Used to hate cleaning up the shop after that stuff!

I would however tolerate a good mill in the garage no problem. Just set it and go for coffee