View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 08:35 PM   #9731 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
I had the lovely pleasure of arguing with a girl at work today over 4WD apparently being better at braking in snow than any other form of transmission. Apparently the laws of physics don't apply when you have 4WD. I politely asked her to use her 4WD to get up to speed in the next snow storm and promptly slam on her brakes for an emergency maneuver. Let me know immediately when she's in a ditch on the side of the road.

People truly astound me. Just because 4WD gives me traction in snow and ice conditions doesn't mean it'l help you any better when needing to come to a stop or brake accordingly.
Under normal stopping conditions like say coming up to a light you'll get more back pressure to the wheels with 4wd