Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 03:35 AM   #1117 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dimer View Post
Pretty solid episode to take us into the mid-season break. The only complaint I have was the weird bit at the very end when they all stood around the Hilltop smiling at each other. Not what I would have chosen for the final scene.

I'm interested to see Negan's reaction to Daryl's empty cell when he gets back to camp. I wonder if we'll find out who left him that note?

And who was the guy watching Rick and Erin on the boat? I can't think of anyone from the comics that it could be. Was it the guy who put up the sign or someone else entirely? I thought I saw a dead body on the boat when they crawled aboard, but maybe that wasn't him.
Yeah, agreed. That ending was another AMC forced "Hallmark Moment" of warm fuzzies.

Zombie apocalypse stories are not meant to be uplifting, and especially not the Walking Dead

Not a Spoiler: In the most recent issue, immediately after a big battle, zombie and human corpses strewn about, a main character looking at all the death and destruction says, "Yay. We won." and stares out blankly.

That's about as uplifting as TWD is supposed to get

Anyway, I have a guess who the mysterious watcher might have been, but this one is a spoiler... it may very well have been one of
( Click to show/hide )
the Whisperers, a group who wear zombie hides, live more or less like animals, and blend in with, and even control, herds of the undead --
they don't particularly like Rick's group... or anyone who is "normal" really.

But, it could just as easily have been the one Kingdom guard (knight?) who for some weird reason is a post-doomsday "doomsday prepper" Like, dude, it happened, and you have shelter, food, water, a horse and cool BMX body armor, so chill!