Thread: Time to leave..
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Zala
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo manual
Zala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond reputeZala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
I found the stock suspension to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soft. It's made for your average, 40-50 year old guy who wants to feel the breeze through whatever remaining hair he has, and not one who's looking for a car to push and mash around corners.

The only reason a Miata can "hold it's own" is because of how light it is. If it weighed anymore, the suspension setup would be horribly noticeable.

It took 4 chassis bars and some nice coilovers to get the car where I wanted it.
This was my main reasoning for picking up a late model Nismo. I found I needed mods (rubber, suspension, and boost) to enjoy my MX5. Stock just wasn't going to do. Rather than get a second MX5 that would need all the same stuff again, I just opted for a ready-to-go sports car that already has all of that situated. Modding is cool, but has a lot of inherent inconveniences associated with it. I'm not escaping it, but limiting it only to one car.