View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #8518 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
Yep a Premium Chamberlaind with the extras is only $199 at HD so just going to pick one up. I pulled the big plastic guide off and could see what's going on, the gear sheared right off so there's no fixing it anyhow. Cheaper/Easier just to replace the whole shebang.
Yeah. They're all cheaply made nowadays. I bet the Liftmaster I replaced would've gone another 16years if I didn't care about the noise. That was built much sturdier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
Always wanted to try a screw drive, support to be silent. Always end up just sticking with chains though.
Don't do the screw. They end up being really loud unless they're well lubricated, my parents used to have two Genie screw drives and they were much louder than my chain.