View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #8220 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
If I remember right, the HDCP 2.2 for 4k is mandatory in every piece from source to the display. It is a form of DRM to guard against piracy. The HDMI cables need to be "high speed" to get the 4k content to show.
HDCP 2.2 isn't necessarily required for all 4K sources at the moment from what I gathered. But as more of it becomes available, more of it will use the newer protection. That's one reason I went ahead and bought a new 4K receiver with the TV. And I definitely wanted some future-proofing when it comes to the in-wall cable (other cables can be easily swapped).

The cable in my wall was a 1.3b which is not capable of ARC, so I needed a new 1.4+ version.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |