View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #8218 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Firmware was definitely my first thought. I was really starting to wonder about the ARC thing, too, since I found no indication in my research that there could be incompatibilities.

After speaking with both Sony and Samsung, I went back to Best Buy and had a chat with their staff. I decided to start with the easiest option, and just bought a second 4K HDMI cable to test it. Voila! Since I had to fit the new 4K cable through 3/4" smurf tubing I have already installed in the wall, I had to trim the head around the connector on one end. It looks like I must have compromised it during the trimming process. I will need to purchase and fish another longer cable through the wall later. Could have been easier, but definitely better than having to return either product.
If I remember right, the HDCP 2.2 for 4k is mandatory in every piece from source to the display. It is a form of DRM to guard against piracy. The HDMI cables need to be "high speed" to get the 4k content to show.