View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 01:15 PM   #8215 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
Perhaps one or thenther needs a firmware update?
ARC is typically cross compatible between brands. The only somewhat similar issue I've seen is screen mirroring not working on apple devices because of Samsung trying to stick it to the mac makers.

ARC even works between my NAD receiver and Samsung tv, which is more obscure than Sony by a long shot.
Firmware was definitely my first thought. I was really starting to wonder about the ARC thing, too, since I found no indication in my research that there could be incompatibilities.

After speaking with both Sony and Samsung, I went back to Best Buy and had a chat with their staff. I decided to start with the easiest option, and just bought a second 4K HDMI cable to test it. Voila! Since I had to fit the new 4K cable through 3/4" smurf tubing I have already installed in the wall, I had to trim the head around the connector on one end. It looks like I must have compromised it during the trimming process. I will need to purchase and fish another longer cable through the wall later. Could have been easier, but definitely better than having to return either product.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |