View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
Good that things are getting close to your liking. Charles' help will get you there. I was quite happy on the onset with my 12kg/11kg set up. Going on 3 years now and no issues. It's a personal decision and very pleased with Powetrix w/Swifts after having experienced OEM, H&R's, and Powertrix's factory springs.

We all agree that some CA freeways are a bitch. I vote the entire 405.
Lol yea but at leas so cal freeways were built on solid ground. While 87 is better than it used to be it's still built on marshland (following Guadalupe river) so pretty much not an even stretch the whole way. Now I have the setup at one click towards fast from middle for the front (so 8 clicks out) and rear one click in from half (7 clicks out). Now it finally feels much flatter and more compelled over humps etc while still not packing up over ripples. Now I just need to test full slow to hopefully make sure it can be slowed down enough for smooth track course. I know Charles said he uses them at full soft so that's where I started at but man that seems unreal to me. Usually I always start at middles and tune from there, with the exception of a couple suspension companies that for some strange reason start their usable compression damping at full open so then you start full open compression and middle on rebound (fox).

So I forget who's installing theirs next week but I say start at middles and save yourself the ejection seat lol.

Good news is with the wide range of rebound, not sure about full slow yet but there is absolutely enough range to drop a couple rates if needed which I may actually do and still keep these 12/11 as they are not so bad after all but might do like a winter/summer setup with softer in winter when road are shittier and more slippery requiring more mechanical grip and I won't be tracking in winter anyway so don't need as much rate.

Last edited by Jhill; 11-18-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote