View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #288 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogersz34 View Post
Just registered for my first HPDE event! I have already bought upgraded pads and SS lines and will be flushing all fluids prior to the event. My biggest concern is the fact that I will not be running an oil cooler. The event will be in December in NC so it will be colder temperatures and since this will be my first event I highly doubt I will be going all out. More concerned about learning proper track etiquette. Do any of you think I will run into issues without an oil cooler? I am driving a 2013 sport touring 6mt.
Take it easy and you might be ok. But if you are at all comfortable driving fast, you will definitely experience some pulled timing due to heat without a proper oil cooler. I've had mine out on the track once and couldn't even get two full laps without noticing timing getting pulled (granted that was 95+ temps in June in Texas).

Try to keep your temps around 250F or less if possible. Even at this you may still see partial limp mode limiting your RPMs to 5K max. Don't let temps push 280F or you will see full limp mode where RPMs are limited to 3K or something. When temps start creeping up to 270F, I'd go ahead and back off and end the session early. And plan to change your oil asap after the event is over.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote