View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 05:02 AM   #1180 (permalink)
milkcow500
Base Member

Drives: 11 G37xs
milkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, sooo I just finished the install of the Ti trim V3 a few hours ago. Many thanks to TopGunz and Evan for answering all my noob questions.

I have some vids, but wanted to see what you all thought about this:

On the first startup, the first thing I noticed was a violent amount of vibration in the cabin. It's odd because when I'm on the throttle or in 'Drive', the vibration goes away and the car drives normally. Once I put it in park or reverse, the vibrating is noticeable. I also notice it when starting the engine too. (refer to the YouTube video links below)

After driving it for about 10 miles, the vibrations got a lot more tolerable. Definitely a lot less now, but it's still there.

I already checked all the bolts and everything looks fine. I did notice that if I held down the supercharger with my hand with some pressure, the vibration will lessen.

Any input would be appreciated. I'm assuming this may be normal behavior for a break-in period? I've never had a brand new V3 blower, so I'm not positive on my end. That or this blower is just straight up violent.

Video of startup: https://youtu.be/QQ6tJ6kD7EA
(Pay attention to the cranking. You can hear it's rough. I can def feel it a lot in the pedal.)

Video of Park and Drive: https://youtu.be/YE_eAcdQrag
(Notice there's a 'wum wum wum' noise in park, but when the rpms raise in drive, it's gone. Reverse vibrates like crazy btw)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
milkcow500 is offline   Reply With Quote