View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debueller View Post

Anyway my first question is: will a stock set of 18 inch wheels fit on a sport? I understand the brakes are different (bigger?) on a sport and would like to know if the set of used, stock, 18" wheels I have found on craigslist will fit our new (to us) Z.

Thanks in advance.

As others have already said, yes. They do fit as I found out a couple weeks ago when I traded my 2016 18" wheels for a set of Nismo wheels off of a Sport... Pic below. Kind of hard to see, but they're there!

Jerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirokenkami View Post
In terms of aesthetics, sure it's a downgrade but in terms of performance an 18" wheel is right where you wanna be. It allows you to keep the weight to a minimum(more weight=more rotational inertia required) while allowing for larger brake packages.
Not necessarily.

The stock 18's weigh around 24 lbs or so each, as do the 19" Sport Rays. However, the 19" Nismo's weigh around 20 lbs to 21 lbs.

Switching over from the base 18's to the Nismo 19's, right away I noticed the car easier and more eager to accelerate at low speeds. Likewise was true moving to the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires, as they have been said to be a few lbs lighter, even though they are larger/wider. This was also somewhat noticeable. Even better, the lighter wheel/tire combination allows the suspension to do its job better as well