View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debueller View Post
I'm gonna hijack my own thread here:

I realize 18's would be a downgrade but how much more affordable are 18's vs 19's tires? My wife is going to use our Z as a commuter for now and I'm concerned about the cost of tires.

I am amazed how well our Z sticks to the road. I'm used to Wranglers, pickups, and cheap commuters. This sports car thing is new to me. A little less tire would probably be OK with us if there was a substantial cost benefit.
IMHO, I'd invest in a set of all seasons. (dons flame suit)..... My logic is thus, you live in Washington state, a place not known for sunshine. The stock 18" tires (Advans) don't do well in rain, so unless you like driving a skateboard in the rain, all seasons are the answer. Save the 19" tires & wheels for when you want to carve some canyons and have the time to swap wheels before & after.