Thread: GT500 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 AM   #109 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
Best time to date has been a 13.6, on a mediocre track with temps around 98. That was my 3rd drag in the Z ever, launching at 3k and feathering the clutch. The first GT I beat ran a 14.5, not sure on the other two's times because they drove off angrily, I do know that when I crossed the line, the last one I raced was 1.5 cars behind. I dont hate the car, but from reviews and what i've seen first hand, they statistically arent better performers in stock form.

I've yet to race with any kind of weight reduction, seat removal, spare tire, etc, and havent deflated the tires any. I also havent raced with the HFC's and soon to be installed G3's, should be able to get the time down to 13.4/13.3 with cooler temps.

And might I also add, for not having an LSD, she drifts like a champ.

Nice.

Those GT drivers definitely need some work. The 05+ are much faster stock for stock than my 2003 was which I had a best stock time of 13.9 with. Most of the good drivers are in the mid 13s in stock form with those cars at 103-105ish. I'd be interested to know what your friend's 60 foots were as that typically is a good indication of whether or not they know what they are doing (especially compared to you if you are clicking off good 60's).
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote