View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #62 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSpace View Post
you dont need an oil cooler if you run a good synthetic oil like amsoil as long as you dont go above 320 degrees F, the only thing is you need to raise the limp mode protection in the ecu to 320 also i dont know if it is tuneable, 320 is where you get the warning light to slow down for corvettes and and you need to get your oil above 212 every time you driv to evapporate water and contamination
if you are between 212 and 320 every time you drive you are ok and dont need anything, if you want buffer be between 225 and 300
You hit limp mode at 260 deg with our cars. Why in the world would you want to raise that limit. That makes no sense. I run amsoil and our cars destroy the oil really quick. I dare not go over 5000 mile oil change intervals. I do them at 4000 miles. Our cars start pulling timing at around 220 deg. If you just daily drive, you will not have any issues with the 2012 and up. If you go to the Dragon or do track days your best beat is to get an aftermarket oil cooler.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote