Thread: GT500 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #107 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
Figured i'd chime in with my .02, my car club usually does drag race night once a month at the local strip, so far I myself, have raced 3 current generation mustang gt's, havent lost yet with my best win being a full second faster, probably a bad driver, but they were all pretty simple wins. I consider a full second "killing" to be honest, but like I said, he probably wasnt the best driver. If you want to have a numbers battle, the Z outperforms the GT from 0-60 Acceleration, 1/4 mile, Slalom, Skid pad, etc. Here is a vid for confirmation. If i'm not mistaken, that is a 2010 GT.

YouTube - Drag Race - Genesis Coupe, 370Z, Mustang GT

the article.

2010 Ford Mustang GT vs 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe vs 2009 Nissan 370Z - Conclusion - Comparison | 2010 Hyundai Genesis Review at Automotive.com

and if you're in for numbers..

2010 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe vs 2009 Nissan 370Z - Specs and Test Data - Comparison | 2010 Hyundai Genesis Review at Automotive.com
AS you said...it probably was the driver....and BTW....the stats TYPES you identify but didn't provide the comparative values for in your first paragraph - I remember reading them as being so close that the preference given to the 370Z was more of a subjective call by the reviewer(s) as both cars' performances were on the whole considered to be nearly equal.

So again as you stated.....the differences you were involved probably had more to do with the driver than by the cars at all.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote