Thread: GT500 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #102 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Even if the 2011 Mustang is 3800lbs, it will break 13's easy, probably around 12.8. If Ford can really get it at 3500, it should be closing in on 12.5's. In general greater displacement also means torque per HP. Ford's problem may be more getting a good hookup than power.
I agree with you totally in regards to your observation of hookup and power. The Ford modular 4.6 in the 06 to 09 Mustang GT models make 300 ft-lbs of wheel torque in stock configuration. When the torque curve begins its drop the HP is still increasing to reach its peak.

The problem is the torque is all there at launch with Mustangs that the clutch has to be feathered into the launch off the line in order to get the tires to hook right away. And this takes an experienced driver to be able to consistently hook more often than not.....not some weekend wannabee...and certainly not by some puzzy-azz rolling start.

As I said before and I'll say it again...the best anyone owning a stock Z can say is that on any given run a stock Z or a stock Mustang GT (06-10) can win and most of the time they will be trading noses the majority of a race. There is NO KILLING of a Mustang GT (06-10) by a Z.

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 01-06-2010 at 03:56 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote