Thread: GT500 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #94 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
Here is my take on this subject: The current GTs do 0 60 in about 5.2 and the Z in about 4.7. Now both of those times needs a very good driver, good tires and a well preped road to get those times. Most of us are doing around 5 secs so I would think the GT is doing around 5.5 on the average. With the GT being able do do that respectable time the V8 GT was not meant to be a MPG car, its just getting past its prime as our car will be in a year or two when the other guys start making theirs faster, like the 2011 GT. So we will probably see something that improves the Z in a couple of years. I kill GTs around here with the little zoom zoom we do. The GT500 IMO is not in our catagory, its a little above it right now. I was killing GTs in my chipped 2.0T 4 cyl. I will never own a mustang as they are too common, well maybe a Saleen.
If the GT's are prior to 2005 and your starting from a dig then I would believe you are "killing" GT's. But if the GT's are 2007 through 2009 I think you need to explain what you mean by "killing" because you certainly aren't "killing" them nor are you leaving them looking like their standing still. In 2007 the stock GT Vert had 3.55 gears and the coup 3.31 gears. In 2008 the Vert had stock 3.55 gears and the coup had stock 3.55 upon request at time of ordering. The 2009 GT Verts and Coups were running 3.55 gears stock. The 2007 GT Coups going to Shelby to be converted to Shelby GT's came from Ford with 3.31 gears but Shelby swapped them out for 3.55. Upon request and paying the net part cost difference 4.10's would be put in by Shelby. In short with the 3.55 or 4.10 gears you were NOT "killing" GT's running those gears. 3.55 would be head-to-head. With 4.10's the GT Mustang would be starting to pull away from you.

Sorry dude but I have owned and raced GT's, 350Z and 370Z and I will say you aren't "killing" GT's .

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 01-05-2010 at 08:12 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote