Thread: GT500 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #83 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
So for right now their 2010 includes a V6 4.0 210hp and V8 4.6 315hp. And another version is to come out with a 5.0 412hp as a 2010 car? Is it going to be just a GT or a GT500 or something like that? If thier 4.6 is only getting 315hp how are they going to get another 100 hp from .4 liters? Turbo or SC?

The Z needs another version with mo power but I guess they dont sell enough to justify it.
You generally can't look at those v8s in terms of hp per liter. They are not very stressed at all so there really is no point. If ford wanted they could have tuned the 4.6 to 412hp but the new 5L is just a better engine, and the added displacement will help with not needing to stress the engine much at all to put out those numbers.

The 4.6 is a great motor, but the 5 liter will be fantastic. More power, more efficient, and higher revs. Oh, it should be a little lighter, too.

I am pretty much in agreement with everyone else. The Z is a great car but it's underpowered. The stillen sc kit is pretty much a must for me right now!
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote