View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 07:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about

Rusty that was my craziest aha moment as I started investigating setups for wheels and tires. You can pretty much get as much rubber as you can reasonably buy under the fenders of the stock bodied 370z. I always loved the curves of the car, but didn't truly realize that our wheelwells are like infinite caverns from factory. Only upside to the widebody is being able to run that size and not have to be counting millimeters of suspension clearance, but 99% just aesthetics.

Optionzero, you might be a real good point there. it's something i'd originally thought about before I started on the widebody venture. It actually got me thinking down a more dangerous path though. It got me thinking that maybe I just need a dedicated track car.

Cooltoy, good catch. However, the part I may not have mentioned is that despite my love of big rubber, that in terms of the aesthetic balance, I am 99% 20"s will look better, complimenting the widebody look. Plus my current setup are 20" and once you cross the line it is hard to go back.

Thanks for the points to ponder. I will be making a decision by next week. I will keep you posted.