View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
!xoible
Base Member

Drives: some car
!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz View Post
I know.. old thread. But us M3 owners used to say this about BMW, "There's not way BMW would do the a V8 in the M3" - always has been a I-6, always wil be an I-6.

Never say never. We can dream
Umm BMW was forced into making a V8 for different reasons, one being to compete with Merc, Audi another is coz E46 M3 GTR couldnt compete due to Porsche's complaint that BMW should use the same power plant used in production. so to go back into ALMS and other competition they had to do a V8.

but now they're going backwards into forced induction after their major FI success in 335/135/X6. It's been announced V10's will no longer be produced and that TT V8 will replace that on M6/M5, and BMW mentioned in more than one occasion that high revving engines will no longer be produced for M cars. which means they will most likely not put the S65 into the new Z4M (if it ever gets produced) and will not have a V8 in the M3
!xoible is offline   Reply With Quote