View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #9866 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

I may be getting to picky with my dinner skills. Made cheese steaks. The GF and my dad devoured them. I thought they were just "alright".

carmelized onions deglazed with moscato wine. Bell pepper sauted, but stil slightly crunchy. Garlic butter toasted baugettes. Thinly sliced sirloin sauted with minced garlic and smoked sea salt. Havarti and provolone cheese melted over everything and then pressed in a griddle for a moment.

I feel something was missing. The sweetness just wasn't their. I may add sugar to the onions next time to increase the sweetness even more. And the steak needed a more pronounced flavor. May try a dry rub next time and grill the strips first.