Thread: Ac issues?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ac issues?

So maybe someone has run into this before, but with the 90 degree heat here in southern california lately I've been using the ac on the Z more often. Long story short i was sitting parked with the car and ac on for a little over a half hour and looked down just in time to see the coolant temp gauge sitting just below danger zone. Shut the car off immediately and let it sit for a few minutes and then turned it back on with the ac turned off at which point the radiator fans kicked on full blast and coolant temps dropped within a few seconds. Now on to today, same outside temps same conditions with ac on and car parked. Started doing the same thing again only this time i turned off the ac without shutting off the car and noticed that when i did this the coolant temps dropped down to normal within a minute. Anybody have any idea as to whether this is being caused by the ac unit? Keep in mind i have not serviced the ac system on this car since i picked it up and im not sure when the last time the ac system was serviced by the previous owner. Any and all help is appreciated and thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote