View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 09:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
98C
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
98C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
Having been through this all myself just a year ago when i picked up my 09 with similar miles to yours op i would strongly suggest going through everything. Change out all fluids including the differential and transmission if it's manual. Also if possible check to make sure the catalytic converters aren't clogged by hooking up a scantool that can read both long term fuel trim and short term fuel trim and will give you a read out of engine load value. Having a high negative long term and high positive short term fuel trim value along with low engine load at WOT means you have a clogged catalytic converter. Oh and also definitely change out those spark plugs, mine were still functional when i picked up my car, but it would take a little bit on the long side to start the car until i changed them out, oh and also probably a good idea to change out the battery if it looks a little on the older side
I want to put a full exhaust on so that will clear up any issues with cats.. And I will do the rest of what has been mentioned.
98C is offline   Reply With Quote