View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 10:56 PM   #462 (permalink)
equalme
Track Member

Drives: RCF
equalme is a jewel in the roughequalme is a jewel in the roughequalme is a jewel in the roughequalme is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinjapan View Post
wheres the pearl white love?
To be honest, I dread doing Pearl White as it time consuming for the tri-coat, I've been only willing to do it if I receive 3+ orders of them for that batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8rZ View Post
Can you do 40th Anniversary?
40th grey (KAV) is not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Strata View Post
PM sent. Requested K51 Handles.
Will be sending you a PM shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layhum View Post
I cannot send you a PM as it states that your box is full.

I am interested in a set of your painted door handle for my 2016 Nismo in Magnetic Black. I wanted to know when will be your next batch and approximately when I may recieve them to:

Fremont, Ca 94555.

Thanks!
I will be sending you a PM shortly. Next batch will likely be in two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPLG37 View Post
Hey Anthony- trying to get in touch...
got a tracking number- but there's no movement- can you Lmk what's going on - I was suppose to get the first of this set we agreed on.
Lmk.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
When I received a tracking # it was just a click n ship notification (that means a label was generated)

later AFTER it started moving, he said that the post office didn't get the package or something . . .

I got mine eventually, it just took a while

I have issues with the product i received, but if you want anything on time, i'd suggest going to your local body shop and getting it done there
As with OptionZero, I drop all packages off at the USPS dropbox. I will follow-up with them tomorrow to see what is going on.

@OptionZero, I went back to look at my past PMs and I don't recall seeing a message from you regarding the issue with the handles. Please contact me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPLG37 View Post
So was it worth the wait optionzero...?
That's All I need to know-
I mean it's only been 6-7 months at this point lol.
Not trying to offending, but your initial order was only pending for 3-4 weeks before you requested for a refund if I recall correctly. That was my fault then for the delay. It was your choice to place another order and I thank you for giving me another chance to complete the order, but as of now, it has only been almost 3 week since you placed the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I never got a solid quote from my body shop but the rough estimate was about the same

HOWEVER after they installed mine another Z owner came into the store looking to get the same thing done! Better timing they prolly woulda cut me some slack since they'd be mixing and spraying paint once for two jobs

The week or delay is annoying but it got to me in time ... If ur waiting months just get it done locally. No communication or shipping lag and peace of mind, I prolly woulda gone locally if I had to redo it
I have no issues with you all going with your local body shops as I have tried to contract out two different shops to do the painting for me, none I was even close to being satisfied with. Most body shops cannot lay down a finishing clear coat without having to buff and polish to get the defects out. With the handles, the small areas makes it difficult and you're very limited on the amount of buffing and polishing you can do.

I would say, if the local body shop you pick out charges $750-1500 for a full spray, then they will likely do a shoddy job on the handles as they work for quantity and not quality. You want to find a shop that charges $2000+, but then who knows how much they'll charge for a small job as they're not making that much for the time they spend on a single item.

Last edited by equalme; 07-31-2016 at 11:28 PM.
equalme is offline   Reply With Quote