View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #2263 (permalink)
Montez
Track Member

Drives: 16 LEX GS,09 Z,03Max
Montez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The honest truth is that we'll be lucky if they don't kill the Z outright. It was a sales disaster. Ghosn runs his company by the numbers, and if the Z is only selling 5k a year we won't have a Z for long. It's a hard sell for Nissan to spend a lot of money retooling for such a low volume seller.
I agree, it's reminding me of 95/96 with the Z32 but for slightly different reasons. Those cars did not sell that well due to the outrageous pricing for the time mainly, so the car took a hiatus for 7 years to give Nissan plenty of time to think of a new strategy to come up with a highly successful Z33 a better price point. The Z34 is not successful do to low sales, different economy and pretty much minor updates over it's production run that has made it stale in may peoples eyes, every other car has been updated and has much more technology on board. I can see another hiatus coming or it being dropped totally unfortunately, even though it's intended as a low production product it has not met it's predicted low number of sales.
Montez is offline   Reply With Quote