View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Runner View Post
I have base model with titanium exhaust art pipes and advangt wheels short air intakes I'm at 3100+
Next big thing would be replacing hatch glass with lexan that would be another -40lb

I was looking in to carbon fiber hood and hatch but could not fined any weight #'s on them.
I like the Lexan rear glass idea. That's a substantial savings. I'll have to look into it.

I'm sure it varies by style and manufacturer but it sounds like a CF hood only saves a couple lbs over stock a grand or more for a2 or 3 lbs isn't a very good return. The real savings would be a full dry CF hood jbateD of Fiberglas wrapped in CF but now you're into pretty big bucks.

CF benefit may be in ease of opening it up and modifying with some venting to let the hot air escape. A partial cowl induction would work wonders on this car.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote