View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
BuckeyeZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z BMW M4
BuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeZ has a reputation beyond repute

If you are driving with the traction control on (and I recommend this for a newbie), you will cause more wear to the rear brakes. If you are accelerating hard out of a corner and the rear starts to slide, the traction control will step-in and try to keep the rear of the car from getting away from you. This will happen even to a lesser degree on a street driven car if you accelerate hard from a turn.

I don't know if you are using an instructor, but I would guess that you need to be more smooth in your application of power and try to apply the power gradually as you are unwinding the wheel.