View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 06:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
Oh you were asking about the auto...

I'm not sure how the feature operates in the 370Z, so I will just tell you what I know about my Wife's car from normal driving and other auto Twins from the track. (have not tracked my wife's FRS...yet)

In normal auto mode, it seems like it's programmed for fuel economy. (It grabs the next gear ASAP under low to moderate throttle)

In sport mode using "D", it holds each gear until it gets to redline unless you coast for a looooong time...then it will shift to the next gear up. Under braking, it will hold the gear it's in and use engine braking until it starts to fall out of the power band...then it will go down a gear and rev match when it does so.

I don't use the shifter padals, so I can't comment on their behavior.
yah, for us MT guys difficult maybe to understand wat im asking. the question is how responsive is the throttle while holding a gear (besides 1st) doing a quick throttle in/out. most torque converters loose pressure once u let off the throttle and becomes disconnected from the wheels, unless it has a lockup feature. from wat ive read, 370z's AT gearbox locks the drivetrain in the gears (except 1st) and feels like a electronic clutch gearbox.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote