Thread: Hard Decision
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
sgosh
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z 14 X6 12 TL
sgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zae757 View Post
...I love my 370Z, and I've enjoyed everything about it. I installed several aftermarket parts (wheels, CAI, CBE, HFC, audio upgrades, etc) and feel as though it is the best looking vehicle on the road today. The aggressive look of both front and rear end is something that sold me and I just had to have it. Recently, the 2016 Camaro 1SS/2SS has released and again, I am falling in love with another vehicle (I feel like I'm emotionally cheating on my car). This wouldn't even be a discussion to have if the 370Z could compete with the 455 horsepower and 455 torque (granted the Camaro isn't delivering this to the rear wheels but still impressive numbers).

Again, I love my car and would do anything to keep it but the last straw was when a 2010 Lexus GS460 left me at the light. I didn't know we were about to go but at no point should the 370Z need notice of a pending challenger of that caliber. So now I'm trying to decide whether I should trade the Z in for an american made vehicle. I love my imports though...tough decision though...my brother bought a 2012 Mustang GT and I've ran against it and again, I was no challenge for the amount of power its able to put down. Yes, two different classes (8v6) but now I feel I'm getting disrespected every time I turn my head.

I know someone is going to suggest that I either get a SC or TT but for the amount of money I will be spending on that, I would have bought the SS plus a little honda civic. So, I don't know...comments or suggestions?
It's true. American auto-makers have really stepped up their power:displacement game, and a lot of the recents will kill a 370z in a drag race. Notice how even tiny Ford "hot hatches" have impressive 0-60 times?

So you're at a fork in the road so to speak: do you want a drag race champ, or are you happy with the way the Z drives and looks?

No matter what you buy, there will be a faster/cuter/cheaper-but-faster car out there at some point.

If it helps, here's why I have a Z:

- Rare (you don't see these driving around as rentals), and many people who see it aren't quite sure what it is! It's a conversation starter in parking lots.

- Very quick, even though nowhere near the fastest, it's just plain fun to drive! C'mon, it was released in 2008.

- Drive it through twisty mountain roads, and it really comes into its own.

There's no car you can buy that won't have things that can't be improved upon, or won't be obsolete in a few months acceleration wise. It's up to you if the compromises made with a Z are ones you're okay with. Full respect if you decide to go with something like a Shelby or Camaro SS. Those things are f'in FAST!

History: Pontiac-> Honda-> Datsun-> Toyota-> Chevy-> Acura.
Currently: Acura, BMW and Nissan.
sgosh is offline   Reply With Quote