View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Daniel123588
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z sport
Daniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to all

Not exactly what you are looking for but here my black cherry with headlights I got painted.

I didn't take out the amber because I cant pass safety check so I covered the bottom portion with carbon vinyl. Ive done numerous headlights and usually ALWAYS do gloss black when I don't color match but you will come to find out that your paint will start peeling due to the heat of the projector. Mind you I am having it professionally painted and not spray can paint. Some headlights bubble some don't, theres even a thread with the factory nismo one starting to bubble.

This example has the bottom portion as high temp black, that's why its a bit flat compared to the sides.

Say you do color match black cherry paint in the headlight, it will always look black in photos and I feel it will only be visible up close in person. Ours cars practically look black at night but int he day with the purple hue its very nice.

If you are doing your headlight mod yourself, I highly suggest you mod the projector. You can find threads I posted regarding it.
Daniel123588 is offline   Reply With Quote