View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

I have had my Zed since 15-May, hit 10K klicks in early Nov. Usual stuff checked, cost $244.

I always change oil/filter myself at 5000kms and do a basic service/safety check @ same time (pull wheels off, check bearings and brake pads) and check fluids every fortnight.

Have 13,000 klicks up now and engine running sweetly and gearbox shift quality finally settling down - drive to city and back to Kangaroo Ground each day, averaging 9.8 litred per hundred.

Have sourced an oil cooler and ready to fit this weekend, as oil temps hit 135 degrees C after less than 4 laps of Sandown late in Oct - pita really ... have also replaced OEM front rotors with 2-piece motorsport rotors (made my own hats to fit them). The OEM brakes work quite well with decent pads (Endless) and have fitted KU36 tyres as a compromise over the Advan Sports the car came with - not the best tyre out there, but sorta-sticky with the added benefit of having the right load index.

Has anyone turned laps at Sandown yet ?? What lap times represent a bog-stock car - any feedback ??
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote