View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 AM   #90 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Surfdog's 09 journal

Lost my clutch pedal at the track. (I suspect there was some moisture in the fluid which lowered the boil temp).

The pedal came back once everything cooled down on my drive home (reinforcing the wet fluid theory)

Sooooo. I bled the clutch. (And my brakes for good measure)

Now everything is working again.

Lesson learned is bleed all my fluids prior to starting the track season or run the risk of exploring some usually unused portions of the track. (i.e. The overruns)

Also I learned it's easy to round off that friggin bleed nipple unless you use a socket to initially loosen it up for the bleed process. (Fortunately, replacement nipples are cheep and readily available at the local auto parts store, good luck getting it in without draining all your fluid though)

Edit. In case you are wondering I run the Zspeed upgraded CSC. In a panic at the track I ordered the Z1 clutch CSC removal mod/kit and now have it on hand.

I'm torn about putting it in as I've not had any problems until now with the stockish CSC setup. On the other hand I know a fork style setup is probably better for keeping the system cool during hard track style use. Such a pickle. It the end it comes down to no wanting to crack open my clutch unless I really need to, and not wanting to mess up the pedal tune which took me so long to get right.

I'll keep the parts for the next time I need to mess with my clutch. (The kit is really cool)
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 05-19-2016 at 06:57 AM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote