View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
JDubya
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mid. Blue 6MT
JDubya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Stated what I'm going on about. A lot of what is said concerning the Z is bunk. It's the way the article reads and the way they've been writing. No objectivity at all.it's clear what the mission is out of Jalopnik. The ONLY MORONS TO CRASH A CAMARO! On first drive day in Michigan.
I'm not going to argue about your opinion of Jalopnik and their relationship with Nissan (I don't read it nearly enough). I take your word for it that they may be bias towards Chevy or Ford.

With that said, I think the folks who read this article and say "Z BASHING!" are completely missing the point the author is trying to make. In brief, she's simply talking about the fact that buying a modded car isn't the same as modding the car herself. Buying an already modded car gives her the feeling that the car isn't truly her car--infused with her personality (obviously, someone else modded it!).

She loves her Evo because she built it, it has her personality. She doesn't appreciate the Z as much because someone else did all of this, and it has their personality. She could have purchased any modded car and the article would have been the same. She happened to choose a Z. Don't think too much into it, as the choice of modded car has little to do with this article; dare I say--nothing to do with it.

I guess I'll be in the minority here (at least on these forums, so far) and say that I loved this article. It articulated the same feelings I have when looking for a car. I'd rather build something that fits me, my personality and my needs. I want to have the feeling of accomplishment that goes along with that journey. I don't want to buy someone elses work. I'd imagine many others feel this same way. Kudos to her for articulating it so well.

TLDR; The article has nothing to do with the Z itself, it has to do with her love of modding a car herself and not purchasing someone elses work. Don't overthink things.

Last edited by JDubya; 05-14-2016 at 07:10 PM.
JDubya is offline   Reply With Quote