View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:17 PM   #439 (permalink)
milkcow500
Base Member

Drives: 11 G37xs
milkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond reputemilkcow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah there's no 100% way of what happened unfortunately. Here's how it went down.

1. Installed FMIC brackets upside-down.
2. Shop decided to cut/weld an extension on the bottom of the Y-pipe to get it to fit.
3. Informed the shop that the FMIC brackets are upside-down.
4. Shop flipped ONLY the passenger side bracket - Not sure if they really did anything (Doesn't really matter at this point because the Y-pipe was altered).
5. One pipe now won't align with the throttle body.
6. Welded an extension on that pipe in order to fit.

My shop works on a LOT of 370z's and they told me that the G37 has less room in the front. Not sure if this is true, but we won't really know until the next guy tries. I went to the shop and took a look at the front and I really don't see a crazy difference, then again I'm no expert. I honestly feel like it will fit with either much less fabrication or without any at all.

I intend on going E85 next month. I highly suggest it as it makes a world of difference in terms of power.
milkcow500 is offline   Reply With Quote